Amsterdams Kleinkunst Festival presents
Online Seminar Artist in Business
In collaboration with Keep an Eye Foundation & Conservatorium van Amsterdam
Sunday October 18th 2020
10.00 – 17.00 <<
Are you an artist, performing artist or musician?
Do you want to improve your business skills and learn how to better market yourself and your work?
THIS SEMINAR IS FULLY BOOKED!
This 3rd edition of the Seminar Artist in Business is an extra special one.
Because of the coronavirus precautions, it will be online only (and streamed from the Conservatorium van Amsterdam).
What are you going to do this day?
As an artist you want to explore and master all the possibilities that the business side of cultural entrepreneurship has to offer. Today this will all change! You can choose two business workshops to your preference and learn tips and tricks from our professional guest lecturers in a fun, light and interactive way. It is also possible to join us for one or a couple of elements of the program.
The online seminar is offered for free.
This seminar will be offered in English and is open to students and alumni of theatre/art schools, conservatories and professional performing artists and musicians.
Impression Seminar Artist in Business 2019 by Jaap Reedijk
– As a participant, you will be able to ask (online) questions
– Concept development / Wendy van Os *full
– 14.40 – 15.30 uur – College: Choose which one you will take
– Marius van Reeuwijk – Digital mindset (online streaming, social media, fan-management)
– Alyssa Mahler – crowdfunding
– 16.00 – 17.00 uur – Virtual meet-up
– Inspired? Get more information about the offline follow ups and have virtual after work drinks with your peers.
More info about the classes and teachers:
- Stefano Keizers: Stefano is the alter ego of the Dutch comedian and performer Gover Meit. He graduated at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in 2009, sang in multiple bands and started performing as Stefano Keizers in 2015. A year later, he won the AKF Sonneveldprijs. Stefano stunned audiences since then with his totally original performance style and was a guest in multiple tv shows (De Slimste, Maestro).
- Tineke Postma: Saxophonist and composer Tineke Postma tours internationally as a leader and featured guest. She released six albums as a leader which have been received with great critical acclaim. Tineke is the winner of several awards, including the Jazz Juan Revelations Award (2009 Antibes Juan-les-Pins Jazz Festival), and Edison (2011) for her album The Dawn of Light, and the prestigious Boy Edgar Prijs (2015). Tineke plays on two Grammy awarded albums by Terri Lyne Carrington and Dianne Reeves. Tineke is an alumna of the Conservatorium van Amsterdam and the Manhattan School of Music, New York.
- Anne van Rijn: Career DevelopmentAnne studied Kleinkunst (acting and writing for theatre) at the Koningstheaterakademie in ‘s Hertogenbosch. She was a performing artist in a succesfull theatre-duo for 14 years. After her career as a performing artist she worked as a manager in the music industry and behind the scenes at the Amsterdam Kleinkunst Festival. She now enjoys helping creative entrepreneurs and artists in their career; for artistic and personal development. She also directs performing artists and gives workshops about stage performance for companies.
Career development: Being an artist in every day life comes with its every day challenges! How do you stay true to your product and/or yourself? What are your plans and expectations and how do you cope with insecurities in your professional career? In this workshop we ‘zoom’ in on the personal aspects of the artist’s life. Together with other colleague-artists from different disciplines we discuss personal development and what you need in order to maintain and develop your career.
- Astrid Rose en Dalida de Graaf: Pitch and present
Astrid is Head of Communications and Marketing at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam, where she also teaches presentation skills to students. With an education in marketing and a background in the music and entertainment industry, she has gained knowledge and experience in presenting a strong story and successfully interacting with the media. Together with Dalida de Graaf she helps companies and individuals with presenting their story in the best possible way, with their company The Story Society.Dalida is Senior Content Production Manager at DPG Media and co-owner of The Story Society.Working in the media for over 16 years, she has successfully helped people and brands connect with their audience. The key element? Stories.
“In life, but also in business, it’s all about making a genuine human connection. It’s your way to get into people’s hearts and minds. Storytelling is an amazing tool to achieve just that. As a coach and trainer my mission is to help people become confident speakers, so they can claim their arena and tell their story in a captivating way.”
- Ben Wiegman: Business Model CanvasBen is an advisor for Cultuur+Ondernemen and talks a lot with people in the cultural field about how they can work on their business model. His background is in the technical field and he produced multiple festivals.
Business Model Canvas is a model that can help you gain insight regarding your work as an artist. It consists of nine areas, from your audience from the costs to the earnings. In this workshop Ben will explain how to model works and how you can use it to improve your business.
Cultuur+Ondernemen (Culture+Entrepreneurship) is the knowledge centre for entrepreneurship in the cultural sector. They support cultural organizations, independently working artists and creatives who wish to get more return on their activities.
- Wendy van Os: Concept developmentWendy is freelance conceptmaker and creative producer. Wendy graduated in 2017 from the Academy for Theatre and Dance, production performing arts. She worked as a programmer at Pllek Amsterdam, developed a campaign for Stichting Nationale Herdenking 1945 and was a creative producer for NTF-TF (professionals program Nederlands Theater Festival during the coronacrisis). Right now, she is working for AHK Ondernemen as a program coördinator and is developing a festival about connections.Concept development: in this class, you will learn how to get your idea transformed into a complete concept. Learn how to describe your mission and connect it with your method of working, audience, revenue model and image.
- Marius van Reeuwijk: Digital mindset
Marius van Reeuwijk is a digital music streaming expert. He runs MVSEI Music Group, where he provides distribution and label services for artists and labels. Next to online promotion (Spotify Plugger), Artist & Brand Development and Social Media Campaigns around releases he also does fan management for artists and labels.Digital mindset: Now more than ever your digital outlet, your strategy and vision for it is important. In his lecture Marius will create context in the streaming age of music, what social media can do for you and how you can convert followers and listeners to fans. In the lecture you are encouraged to ask questions so that you will walk away with a fresh digital mindset.
- Alyssa Mahler: Crowdfunding
Alyssa works for voordekunst, the platform for crowdfunding in the cultural field. Voordekunst helps and advises artists, other creative people and organisations with the set up of their crowdfunding campaign with advice, feedback, coaching and more. By participating in her workshop, she will show you what is the best way to use crowdfunding and how you can execute it to get what you want/need. Essential for people that don’t have experience with crowdfunding campaigns, but also full of good advice for experienced crowdfunders.